• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No sound during calls (samsung galaxy s3 problem)

Hello,
I have a problem with my galaxy s3 , no caller voice when recieve or make a call and after disconnect signal dissapear for 1 min. and the comes again
im sending and recieving messaging perfectly , viber and skype are working good as well.
please any help with that
thanks
ANDROID VERSION : 4.0.4
BASEBAND VERSION : I9300XXLE8
BUILD NO . : IMM76D.I9300XXALE9
I have a problem with my galaxy s3 , no caller voice when recieve or make a call and after disconnect signal dissapear for 1 min. and the comes again
im sending and recieving messaging perfectly , viber and skype are working good as well.
thanks
BASEBAND VERSION : I9300XXLE8
BUILD NO . : IMM76D.I9300XXALE9

Reactions: hongmenghi
Upvote 0
Hi.

I have the same problem. When I listen using my headphones, the headphone jack icon does not go away after I unplug my headphones. This interferes with sound on other applications such as YouTube or phone calls.

As a work around, I found this to solve the problem:

1. Place a phone call.
2. Press Headset while the call in in progress.
3. This will toggle the headphone option off.
4. You should now be able to hear incoming calls.

I hope this helps!!

Reactions: flashcraft
Upvote 0
My phone was working without incident for 4 weeks, and then fail.. no sound.. after reading this forum (awesome) I installed and then uninstalled the 'wired...' app and bam phone is working again - thou will be still heading into shop tomorrow for an exchange of handset..

Hi,

I have the same problem and i have tried all the listed solutions in this forum but no luck ... please share any solutions you find because it may work for some phones.

:(

Upvote 0
Hello,
im sending and recieving messaging perfectly , viber, VOIP and skype are working good as well.
thanks
BASEBAND VERSION : I9300XXLFB
BUILD NO . : IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB

Upvote 0
Was running Samsung Galaxy S3 with root and Jelly Bean ROM, and for some reason, got this problem all of a sudden.

The fix mentioned above worked, with these steps:

1. Reboot into download mode, and use Odin to flash back to stock.

2. Factory Data Wipe/Reset.

3. Wipe cache.

4. Boot as normal, and install Wired Headphone Fix (free version).

5. Make sure to check the box in the app labeled "Headset Plug signal."

6. Insert and remove headphones 2 or 3 times. (You should see the headphones icon appear in the top menu).

7. Place a call. If your phone indicates it is on speaker, de-select speaker.

This is sort of a compilation of several of the solutions, above. I hope it works for others too.

Upvote 0
Hi, I had exactly the same problem as well with my Galaxy S3. I read some of the earlier posts in this forum, took it into Vodafone who then sent it off to their repair centre. Got the phone back a week or so later, with a new printed circuit board (basically a new motherboard) and my phone has been fine ever since (touch wood!).

Upvote 0
What worked for me:
- dial *#0*# to enter hardware tests
- press "receiver", which tests the sound device you use when holding the phone next to your ear. "speaker" is on the back and is way louder, this is not what you want to test
- I could hear a sound, so I exited hardware tests, placed a test call and it worked.

Symptoms before doing this:
- I couldn't hear anything during calls, but my friends could hear me
- speaker was functional
- headset was working too.

Upvote 0
My phone was working without incident for 4 weeks, and then fail.. no sound.. after reading this forum (awesome) I installed and then uninstalled the 'wired...' app and bam phone is working again - thou will be still heading into shop tomorrow for an exchange of handset..
what "wired" app are you talking about? i am new to the forum...my gs2 suddenly lost sound today, cant hear calls, music, speakerphone option & bluetooth option not available during calls anymore...i took to the store & they told me it was a malicious application that has tampered with my phone settings & the only way to fix it is to do factory reset!!! i was hoping someone had an idea of what application would cause this so that I can just remove that app & not have to completely wipe my phone out!!! its like my phone is stuck in headphone mode & i have paid versions of most of the applications that i do have installed on my phone...i have a paid virus & malware program...so dont understand how an application would be able to get past that & cause my phone to have no volume....please let me know if you have any suuggesstions!!! im going crazy & need to be able to use my phone!!!!!!!!! thank you! angie

Upvote 0
this has really been rather disappointing for me, i have this issue currently, and nothing seems to be fixing it. i suppose i'll have to send it in for repair. what's most disappointing is i came from a loyalty to HTC. after HTC released a series of phones that all had hardware issues, i figured samsung was a sure bet. it seems there are not really any device manufacturers who make something reliable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones