• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No sound from earpiece

howardr

Lurker
Sep 29, 2012
My phone is no longer sending sound to the earpiece. The bluetooth, eardbuds and speaker phone all work perfectly, but no earpiece audio on calls. I really like this phone and would like to avoid replacing it.
Please let me know if anyone has experienced this problem and can suggest a remedy. Thanks

Honestly, if you've verified that the volume is not turned all of the way down, it doesn't sound like a software issue that can be fixed with a tweak or anything. It really sounds more likely that there is some sort of hardware failure. On a phone that was released in fall of 2014, which is well out of warranty coverage, and wasn't designed to be opened easily for repair, it's probably going to be difficult to find anybody able to repair it, find parts for it, etc. It may be time to move on to another handset.

One last thing to try, though, is to do a wipe of the cache partition. Every once in a while that clears up weird issues like this. (You will not lose any data stored on the phone.) You can follow Thom's instructions on this post: https://androidforums.com/threads/droid-turbo-reference-and-tips.879102/#post-6797620

I hope that works...

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
Perhaps the In-Call volume is set too low.

I am a Tasker user and have a task for setting the volume streams. I don't know for sure how to set it without Tasker.

I believe it is the following ... while you are on a call ... press Volume Up ... this is apparently the In-call volume ... set it to the maximum. If you select the down arrow you will see that there are four streams displayed and if you are not on a call three streams are displayed.

... Thom

Last edited:
Reactions: doogald
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones