• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No sound from headphones

DHILL

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
I bought a set of beats headphones they worked great on my desire but know they dont work (they work on other devices including my wifes desire)What can i do to solve this problem?Do i need to reset my phone to factory settings?and will reseting the phone resolve this problem?

Ok, Since I assume you have checked all your media volumes etc are turned up, when you plug the headphones in, does the headphone symbol appear in the status bar as usual? If you're playing music through teh speaker and insert the headphones, does the music stopplaying through the speaker?

Have you checked the headphone and USB sockets to ensure they are clear? as in no pocket lint or paper bits in there?

If it is a software issue (which we are yet to determine) a factory reset MAY help, but it's too early to tell.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones