• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No sound heard on videos received from iphone users

Am I missing a codec? Because while I can see the video my iphone sends me, I can't hear any sounds.

What codec am I missing?

Does Android not support .mov apple formats?

Why does this not surprise me...

I've been dealing with a Mac user for graphic design files and it's just been one huge headache after another. All my Windows files she gets fine, but when she sends me fonts or what-have-you it's conversion hell. But in her mind it's Windows that's the problem and not her Mac with the weird proprietary file/font formats.

So, shame on you for not having an iPhone! Tsk! Tsk! :p

Have you tried Rockplayer Lite? I've heard that it can take mov files, but I don't have personal experience in that regard. Here's the link to the app in the Android Market:

RockPlayer Lite - Android Market

If that doesn't work, you may have to use a converter and tell your friend to stop using Quicktime. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones