• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No sound in calls

Ceezer

Aug 7, 2010
I have a Samsung Captivate, but those forums have been dead lately so I thought I'd try here in the hopes that it was something in a general setting and not phone-specific. I've read through all the related threads I could find, and tried searching, but haven't seen anyone come up with a resolution.

I had flashed ICSSGS Beta 1 a couple weeks ago and then Beta 2 when it was released, and my in-call sound was fine on one call, but on the next attempt it was gone. If I turned on speaker phone then I could hear them, but turning speaker phone off returned to silence.

I just tried flashing to DarkyROM 10.2, thinking it was something wrong with the ICSSGS Beta 2 ROM (I had experienced several other issues between those two; prior to that I was using Serendipity 6.4 without any problems), but it persists.

Before I try flashing all the way back to stock, I thought I'd try to see if maybe there is some hidden setting that I'm overlooking (all volumes set to maximum; see nothing else specifically related to the way call audio is handled).

Thank you for any assistance.

Hmm... Ok, when I returned to stock the sound started working in the earpiece (not an external earpiece, but the speaker at the ear) again. Rooted and installed CWM, still had sound. Flashed Darky 10.2 RE and... no sound... I can put it on speaker and hear it, like previously, but then if I turn speaker off then there's no sound.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones