• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Sound Incoming Calls Sept 2018 Update - G930VVRS4CRI1 -

Andrea Vann

Lurker
Sep 11, 2018
I completed the G930VVRS4CRI1 update on my Galaxy S7 this morning. I can receive incoming calls, but when answered there is zero sound on either end. Outgoing calls are fine. This could have started prior to the update (last call prior to update was 3pm yesterday) - just wondering if anyone else is having this problem since udpating?

Thanks!

Reactions: agussopian52905
I got the update this morning and incoming calls worked...at least through my Bluetooth in my car. What I'm having a problem with since the update is very fast battery draining. I posted the question on the Verizon Wireless community forums, as well. But in just under 4 hours, I dropped from 100% to 40%. That is with a little higher usage while I dug around in the app manager and battery usage screen to see what was causing the issue...it's never drained anywhere near that fast with very heavy usage in the past.

I did find that the Google Play Store and Google Play Services had unusually high battery usage, so I disabled them from running in the background. I'm recharging now to see if things are any better...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones