• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Sound on New Netflix App

Skyeler

Mar 22, 2010
I got the new update and went over to netflix and there is not any sound, I have tried all settings. Everything else has sound and works fine. when a movie is selected, there just isnt any sound. I have the sony NSZ-GT1 and I have it hooked up via HDMI through a Pioneer Elite AV reciever. Anyone else have trouble with this? Any ideas?

Have you tried connecting the NSZ-GT1 directly to the TV to see if you have sound?

I know that doesn't give you the setup you want but others have complained of problems when running the HDMI through their receiver and I was just curious as to what the result would be.

I have an older receiver which has s-video inputs and outputs so I have the NSZ-GT1 connected directly to the TV and optical audio from the TV to the receiver. If connecting directly to the TV works perhaps that is something you might want to try.

Anyway, I'm in the market for upgrading my receiver so I'm interested in the kinds of issues people are having.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones