1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No sound on phone when using bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edinaman, Oct 26, 2014.

1. edinaman

edinaman Lurker

I have a Galaxy S4 on Verizon which I use with my Mazda CX5. The bluetooth connects flawlessly, and I can answer phone calls and play Pandora through the car speakers with no problem. When the phone is using bluetooth, there is no sound from the phone. As an example, if I want to use Google Maps for navigation, I have to shut off the bluetooth to get sound through the phone, or if I want to use something like TuneIn Radio, if the bluetooth is on, there is no sound through the phone. Is there a way to use the bluetooth and still get sound from the phone at the same time. That way I could answer a call through the car's speakers, but also hear things on the phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hansangb

hansangb Android Enthusiast

Not sure if you did the upgrade or not. But the 4.4.2 (first version) broke my BT. I haven't had a chance to test my car's BT with the latest update though. Have you upgraded yet?

hsb

3. edinaman

edinaman Lurker

I did the latest upgrade last week. That made no difference.

4. Did this and it seems to fix the problem. If you are using Ok Google open Google go to settings, then voice, then "Ok Google" Detection, then un-check both "From Any Screen" and "From lock screen". Then reboot phone. If it works post it as a solution here. I am using a Plantronics Voyager Legend bluetooth ear piece on stock Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T 4.4.2 with all updates. I could make one call with the ear piece and then all calls after that were muted with or without the ear piece. It only happened with the ear piece. Plantronics sent me a replacement ear piece but of course that made no difference. So now I need to go to google and see if they will acknowledge the bug and fix it.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews