• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No sound when calling

Nannypoo

Lurker
Aug 29, 2011
Hi :)

I recently bought the T-Mobile Comet. I have run across a problem that I don't know how to fix at all. Whenever I make a phone call with earphones plugged into my phone the person on the other end can't hear me (though I can hear them). When I make a phone call without earphones plugged in, everything is fine. I am wondering if there is a fix for this.. It seems something happens to the mic when earphones are plugged in but I really don't know why or what.

I would appreciate your help and comments... thanks!

Hi :)

I recently bought the T-Mobile Comet. I have run across a problem that I don't know how to fix at all. Whenever I make a phone call with earphones plugged into my phone the person on the other end can't hear me (though I can hear them). When I make a phone call without earphones plugged in, everything is fine. I am wondering if there is a fix for this.. It seems something happens to the mic when earphones are plugged in but I really don't know why or what.

I would appreciate your help and comments... thanks!

The ear phones your using, are they the ones that came with the phone, or are they just some ear phones you had around? If they are not the ear phones the phone came with, then they probably do not have an inline mic and will not work with your calls. If they are the head phones that came with the phone, then you might have a bad mic. Tell us what you have and we can go from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones