1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support No sound when making or answering call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by grenet, Jun 4, 2010.

1. grenet

grenet Member

May 15, 2010
    Hi, I've had my phone for about 3 weeks now and yesterday I started to get a strange problem with my Desire. I'm having problems making or answering a call. There is no sound when I put the phone to my head. The volume is turned right up. If I use the headphone it works ok and also if I put it on loud speaker it works.

I have tried doing a factory reset but still same problem. The person on the other end can hear me talking, but I cant hear anything even the other end ringing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you heard of a fix?

Heeeeellllllpppp

It's a top phone and I will be dissapointed if I have to send it back for any amount of time.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. sjrw

sjrw New Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Had mine 12 month. It has just done the same. Exactly. I have no idea how to fix it. Please help.

3. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Southampton, UK.
    Sounds like the speaker has gone. Needed mine replaced last year. Worth trying a reboot though - battery out when phone switched on.

4. bunny3

bunny3 New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    i have the same problem right now,somebody plz help me...... I'm having problems making or answering a call. There is no sound when I put the phone to my head. The volume is turned right up. If I use the headphone it works ok and also if I put it on loud speaker it works...htc desire hd.........

5. Pawnie

Pawnie New Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Have had my Desire for almost 2 years now and it's starting showing the same symptoms as described above even with volume settings high enough though.
    I can normally hear the other side switching the loudspeaker on though. Increasing the volume during the call seems to fix the issue, too.

chitrapanta likes this.
Tags: