• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No sound when receiving a message?

Biffos

Android Enthusiast
May 23, 2013
There once was a (typical) WhatsApp sound when receiving a message. But then it suddenly was gone. I then didn't get any sound sound anymore upon receiving. How could I get it back?

The same with WhatsApp on the PC.

Last edited:
Yes, Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 4G, MIUI 13.

Settings - Apps - Manage apps - WhatsApp - Notifications - Allow playing sound
Yes, is / was activated.

I now noticed when a new massage comes in the / a the typical sound of Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 4G, which is commonly used here, resounds in this phone. But not the typical WhatsApp sound (at least the one I always still heard a few years ago).

Upvote 0
Under somehting like "Sound", yes, there are unbelievably many tones / categories to choose from, but where can I find WhatsApp? Under "Rintones" there also are listed all of the tones that are no ringtones, strange. No, neither in the WhatsApp settings nor the other settings I can find tis WhatsApp tone. OK, I just take another one (just to distinguish from other notifications).

Many thanks!

Upvote 0
Well if happening to the particular app in that case you should updated the app to it latest version or uninstall the app and then re-install the app on your device.
It does not update automatically? I installed the app / WhatsApp on a new phone. I had reinstalled in on the old phone already (same problem).

And Check the setting for that particular app.
Yes, I already did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones