1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No sound when sending an email?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Mark2801, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Mark2801

Mark2801 Lurker
    None

Mar 19, 2016
    Male
    I have finally moved over from IOS after many years and love my new Samsung S7 Edge but one feature that I liked on iPhones was the whoosh sound when sending an email. I understand this is not available on the Samsung Email app and nether on the Gmail app. I have also been told that this could work if I set up some rule using the Tasker app but I have downloaded that and it looks very complicated!

Anyone know if any other email apps offer the ability to provide a sound when you have sent an email?? Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I for one, hate those idiotic sounds, and I make a point to turn every one of them OFF....

I don't want any kybd clicks, nothing...

Now if you REALLY do want a sound, then Aqual Mail can provide it.

* Email Aqua Mail - Android Apps on Google Play

Hadron likes this.
  3. Mark2801

Mark2801 Lurker
    None

Mar 19, 2016
    Male
    Thanks, the reviews are good but just one person says it drains battery?? Di you know if thats correct?

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    why would an email app drain the battery?

For a very good reason: that person who gave the bad review set it up to sync with the server every 5 minutes or worse.... I read where one guy "just had" to have "instant notification" that his boss was looking for him.....
    AND he set it up to download the entire message with Attachments!!! what?
    that crap can wait until I click on the message, and then it will download the entire message and the attachment.

I have my Aqua Mail app set up to never sync, and No Notifications Period.... and I use a Dark Theme background.
    And it only downloaded the first two sentences of the text.... that is all I can read in the title anyway...

it downloads the actual message so fast, I don't even notice it when it is bringing up the message after I click on it.

and I also turn OFF both DATA and WiFi when the screen is locked....
    I leave DATA off all the time, the only time it is ever on is IF me and the phone are traveling away from the house.

Otherwise, MacroDroid turns Wifi ON/OFF with the screen unlocking/locking.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

My Note 4 coasts thru the night using about 2% of battery.
    I tried leaving the WiFi on all night, dropped the battery down a lot... don't remember how much, but that was the last time I did that.

I want the battery full when I leave the house..... I have wireless charging pads all over the house. If I am not talking/using the phone, it is on trickle charge via Qi Wireless.... I keep it in the top 10% all the time that way.

My Aqua Mail has 4 accounts on it, and it works just fine...
    It does not download anything until I open the app.... then it takes maybe 5 seconds for it to let me know how many messages are in each account. after all, all I ask it to do is download the Subject Title, not the message.

5. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I have been using AquaMail for a couple of years, no problem with battery drain. I'm using IMAP push with it, and would say it uses slightly less power than other email apps I've used.