• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Space left for apps?

dfine06

Dec 21, 2009
How can i have ran out of space?. i went to go update my apps and theres no space left it says? to begin with i dont even have that many apps and i have also moved some to my sd card. so what else can be taking up space on the actual phone itself?

Have you tried going through your apps installed and checking on how much cache they are using?

To do this, you want to go into Settings to Manage Applications just like if you were going to uninstall them. However, once you open up the information for an app, look at the Cache and see if you can clear it out.

I would recommend filtering the apps by size first so you can get more bang for your buck (time-wise). For example, Locale does not clear its cache on my phone well, so every week or so, I have to go in and clear 2 to 5 MB of cache.
Euchre used to have this problem, so instead of being 722kb, it would sometimes be taking up 2MB.

Love to know if this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones