• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No space left!!

SteveRedshaw

Lurker
May 8, 2016
My Samsung J3 (8Gb) ran out of storage space so I put a 64Gb SD card in and moved the apps I could over to it (all pre-installed apps can't be moved it seems). However, I am still left with 94% storage used and cannot install more apps. I have 59Gb on the SD card which I don't seem to be able to use!! Very frustrating. Can I instruct the phone to install an app onto SD card to get round this problem?

Is there another way out of this? Thanks.......

8GB just isn't a practical amount of storage for any Android device meant to be used as daily usage device. You will always have to be spending time to clear up a usable amount of storage space if not every day at least every few days. Also, it's not like a computer where you'll typically have options to increase your storage space, with a smartphone the internal storage is a fixed amount. Even if you start using that microSD card more, that's basically a kluge, at some point you need to upgrade to a new or newer phone, one with a usable amount of internal storage space -- 16GB is a minimally acceptable amount, more is of course better. When you pick up your phone to use it every day, you shouldn't have to mess with it to get things done. It should just be a matter where it'll just do what you want it to.
Get a better phone, one that doesn't make you struggle with it to use. (... and that card you got won't be wasted, just put it into your new phone).

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones