• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Speaker

v01rider

Android Expert
May 26, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.facebook.com
after flashing CM6 i had sound for the first few days. now i have nothing. i have done all kinds of wipes and even have installed other roms. still nothing. even when using the speaker phone, i get no sound from the external speaker.

headset speaker works fine, i can hear the other party when making phone calls. i just cannot hear my phone ring.

help please! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

i dont know if this is coincidence or not, but i just blew out the speaker and now it seems to be working again. dunno if maybe some small dust got in there or something. :thinking::thinking: any who, it seems to be working ok now.

Possibly some kind of metallic scraps or shavings... As you may know the speaker has a magnet which attracts all this crap. This is how the external speaker blew out on my Pre.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones