• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No stock keyboard or file explorer! Help!

Rachel Hie

Lurker
Mar 12, 2013
OK, so I'm possibly the biggest idiot to ever own an Android. I rooted my SGH-T959d via SuperOneClick a few months ago and decided to remove bloatware, along with stock keyboard, and "my files". I kept the original launcher. Just an hour ago, I was playing around with my phone trying to flash a ROM through CWM recovery (which didn't work due to the infamous signature verification problem) and I managed to do a factory reset. Now, all of my old apks - including root file explorer and hacker's keyboard - are on the external sd, and I have no idea how to view them to reinstall them. I'm stuck with no stock internet as well.

I've tried going on Google Play on my laptop and sending new apps to my device, but I can't re-register on my phone due to lack of keyboard. I am freaking out so much I'm surprised I'm typing.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones