• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No SuperLCD for Incredible

Bolding is mine...

You do realize that the 8/3 release date you see on the site now only applies to orders placed today, right? And it's been sitting like that for almost 2 weeks now.

People who ordered their phone a week after release already have it and have had it for quite a while. I ordered 6/19 and got it 7/14 (est. arrival at that time was 7/20).

They may do it for the Incredible, they may not. I'm sure it's something they are considering. One thing is clear though, they have NOT made a decision one way or the other.

They were backordered before the phone was even released. Those that ordered their phone once the phone was released most probably did not get the phone on 7/20 because the people that got it then were the ones that didn't get one launch day. So after that, the next shipment due on 8/3 is people that ordered once the phone had shipped. Remember, they were offering the upgrade to the Droid X in place of the DInc. That was a few weeks ago that it started. So maybe not a few days after launch, but those that waited until mid-june to order are still waiting. They were not served on the July release date.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure this finally answers it all.

HTC has officially announced their switch from AMOLED to SLCD displays for the Nexus One and HTC Desire. Low supplies of the Samsung sourced AMOLED display has led to manufacturing delays for several HTC handsets.

The new SLCD displays from SONY offer boarder viewing angles, improved battery performance and improved visibility in direct sunlight. The display switch for the two HTC phones is expected to happen later this summer.

Surprisingly, HTC’s press release made no mention of the HTC made DROID Incredible which is sold by Verizon. The DROID Incredible has been experiencing supply shortage issues since launch due to Samsung’s AMOLED screens. We reached out to out contacts at HTC and received the following reply:

“Because AMOLED supply is being relieved on other models, we currently feel we can meet demand of Droid Incredible with AMOLED screens. Of course we may need to change our minds and add sLCD screen models should demand continue to remain high.”HTC PR Rep

The AMOLED supply shift for the other two HTC phones to SLCD should be enough to accommodate the necessary displays needed to keeps the DROID Incredible stocked on store shelves. We’re not sure if HTC’s move to SONY’s SLCD displays is permanent, but we’re pretty confident that HTC will do whatever it takes to make sure customers can purchase whichever HTC phone they want.

HTC Desire and Nexus One to be fitted with SLCD displays, DROID Incredible sticks with AMOLED – Android and Me)

Upvote 0
They were backordered before the phone was even released. Those that ordered their phone once the phone was released most probably did not get the phone on 7/20 because the people that got it then were the ones that didn't get one launch day. So after that, the next shipment due on 8/3 is people that ordered once the phone had shipped. Remember, they were offering the upgrade to the Droid X in place of the DInc. That was a few weeks ago that it started. So maybe not a few days after launch, but those that waited until mid-june to order are still waiting. They were not served on the July release date.

Okay, either you have not been paying attention to the ordered/shipped posts or I am just very confused by what you are saying :thinking:

The phone has been on a 4-5 week (on average) backorder since launch. The phone was launched on April 29th. People who ordered the phone in mid June ALREADY have the phone.

Like I said, I ordered the phone 6/19 (which is "mid June") and I have had it now for 2 weeks. I am not still waiting. In fact, people who ordered in mid July are now seeing their shipping confirmations... see for yourself.

Up until 2 weeks ago, every order that has been placed since launch has been shipped within 4-5 weeks of the order date. The later you ordered, the later it shipped of course. But it was within that 4-5 week period.

At this point, HTC is almost completely caught up. If you order your phone today, 7/26, you will have it by 8/3. That's less than 2 weeks delay.

Yes, once the Droid X was announced, they decided to let people switch if they wanted to. But that doesn't really have anything to do with anything.

Upvote 0
Up until 2 weeks ago, every order that has been placed since launch has been shipped within 4-5 weeks of the order date. The later you ordered, the later it shipped of course. But it was within that 4-5 week period.

The wait got a lot longer in June. When I ordered in mid-May, it was a 2-week wait until it shipped. 2.5 weeks to receive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones