• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No syncing/notifications for Gmail and Google Voice

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Honeycomb 3.2. Two of the apps I use often, Google Voice (I use it for SMS), and Gmail aren't auto-syncing or alerting me to new messages. They work fine if I go into them and tell them to refresh manually, and when I do that I also get notifications for the new messages the manual refresh finds.

Settings look like auto-sync is set up correctly, and I've removed any apps like power managers that I thought might be messing with WiFi. Other apps like Hotmail autosync and notify me instantly when I get a new message.

On my iPad and iPhone, Google Voice and Gmail autosync and notify me instantly for new messages, so I know my Google account is set up and working.

Would love to ditch the iPad and use the Tab all the time if I could get this last thing working. Anyone encountered this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones