1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root No Text Notification Sounds in Nonsensikal v13.7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by knitpurlgurl, Nov 26, 2010.

1. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Well-Known Member

I just flashed Nonsensikal v13.7 last night and since I am not getting any text message notification sounds. If I happen to get a notification sound, it is the default notification sound I set for my emails, et cetera. I use Handcent and have from the beginning. I set, reset, and reset my Handcent notification sound to be "pixie dust" but like I said, I'm not getting any notification sounds for my texts.

Is anyone else having this issue on Nonsensikal? I didn't have this issue with version 12.5. Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks! :)

UPDATE: Now I'm not getting ANY notification sounds - just vibrate and my volume is turned up all of the way.

Advertisement

2. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Where is 13.7? I don't see it listed on XDA or droid eris.com, just 13.2.

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question.

3. knitpurlgurl

The link on XDA says 13.2, but when I clicked to download, the file says 13.7 and on my "About Phone" screen, it says: ModVersion: CyanogenMod-Nonsensikal-v13.7

4. CTM

CTM Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    im running 13.7 and not having any issues. maybe try resetting your phone it might help might not.

5. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Those running 13.7 haven't noticed any battery issues? I know 13.2 was really hurting my battery compared to previous builds.

Thanks for the feedback.

6. knitpurlgurl

I'm re-wiping and re-flashing to see if it helps.

UPDATE: Wiped the Data Factory & Dalvik and re-flashed Nonsensikal v13.7. STILL no notification sounds at all. Going to try to flash Nonsensikal 12.5 and see if the notification sounds come back.

UPDATE: Wiped and re-flashed v12.5 (didn't do a restore to see if it was an issue with my phone or the ROM). The notification sounds came back. Stumped why I had this problem with v13.7.

7. royalewihcheese

Apr 11, 2010
    I noticed 13.7 a few days ago, but there's no blurb on the bugfix list about what it is or what it does (I'd assume it's about a week more current in the CM nightlies), so I'm sticking with 13.2 for a while. And no battery life hit, much the opposite for me. Course, I'm using the 1750 battery, and I just recalibrated it, so . . . it's doing quite well :D

8. knitpurlgurl

Okay - so basically, I went to the grdlock.net site and I happened to want the Vanilla v13.2 and downloaded Vanilla v13.7. Sikyou says that (he) forgot about the 13.7 and it was there because (he) had been testing it. So, I wouldn't download v13.7. LOL! I just downloaded v13.2 and will flash it. This many very well be the reason I had no notification sounds. :eek:

9. Podivin

Podivin Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    KPG, thanks for letting us know. I had downloaded 13.7 also but hadn't flashed it yet. I'll go back and download 13.2.