• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No throttle and Removed status bar clock Liberty 1.0

bouchigo

Android Expert
Aug 10, 2010
Stockton, CA
Thanks to Fabolous who pointed me in the right direction, I've managed to modify Liberty's services.jar to remove the clock from the status bar. I did this because I didn't want to apply ApeX's modded services.jar to Liberty because it may erase some of the modifications made to it by kejar and JRummy. I figured I would share it in case others want to try this and because I noticed a few people applying the ApeX mod to Liberty.

I had already removed the throttle because I knew how to do that, but the clock removal was holding me up, but now it's done :D Thanks Fabolous.

Expect a long reboot.

If you guys want to try it out, here it is:

No_Clock_No_Throttle_Liberty_1.0.zip

Screenshot:

snap20110121_175057.png

You have to decompile classes.dex within services.jar with baksmali.jar and recompile with smali.jar.

You have to remove the throttling files and then recompile and put classes.dex back into services.jar.

That's basically all you do, it's just a process you have to follow. It's not that difficult with a good set of instructions to follow.....the more you do it, the easier it gets.

I'm not at home right now, so I don't have access to link you to a good set of instructions.

Upvote 0
Bouchigo, If Butbka installs your zip which includes both blue circle mod and throttle control then he installs a different battery icon will he keep the throttle control?

The mod for the Blue Circle Battery modifies the framework, the mod for the clock and throttle removal modifies services.jar.

Basically it modifies different areas, so if he applies the No_Throttle_No_Clock mod he can install any battery mod he wants, as long as services.jar isn't being changed in any way, he will be able to keep the no throttle intact.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones