• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No trackball/pad = more fragmentation?

The only hardware thing I have to complain about is not having it. It was always so handy for editing or selecting very small links. When I'm forum posting (and typing more than a couple sentences) I find myself needing to switch from swype to stock so I can use the arrows. Otherwise, I swype. Isn't this the only htc phone without a trackball or trackpad?

Anyway that is my only real gripe. Can't wait to get an extended battery.

~cabbie

Upvote 0
The only hardware thing I have to complain about is not having it. It was always so handy for editing or selecting very small links. When I'm forum posting (and typing more than a couple sentences) I find myself needing to switch from swype to stock so I can use the arrows. Otherwise, I swype. Isn't this the only htc phone without a trackball or trackpad?

Anyway that is my only real gripe. Can't wait to get an extended battery.

~cabbie
havent missed it one bit, glad its gone.

also if your posting on forums on your phone, get tapatalk....its awesome!!

Upvote 0
ah seems like people are trying to make themselves feel better about not having a trackball or optical pad.

Either a track ball or optical pad is INVALUABLE on an Android unit. It soo much easier navigating links on webpages and moving the cursor around on text using an optical pad/trackball. With the Evo you are forced to flex your fingers around the screen instead of comfortably using the pad or ball. Its a huge feature missing and I was really surprised it was not added. Also there are tons of games that rely on the ball or pad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones