1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No typing and lag

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by klaatux, Jan 6, 2013.

1. klaatux

klaatux Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2013
    So I've been using my Razr Maxx and it has been pretty reliable but last night something weird happened. I went to be with the phone at around 70% battery and when I woke up it was dead. Now I thought I very well might have left something on (though all it would have been is the basic browser app on wikipedia) I plugged the phone in and let it charge up to about 30% or so before I turned it back on to check my text and such. The phone was and is rather laggy after giving it a good chunk of time to boot up as well as I am unable to type in any app, browser, or text.

My first thought was it was the new steam App I downloaded. So I uninstalled it and rebooted. No luck. Next I tried getting rid of any other app on it to make sure there wasn't anything odd slowing it down. Still no luck. I came on here to check and saw that there is a update that some people have been having problems with. Checked my system update, it said it was up to date, so at the moment I've ruled that out. (besides my phone is plugged in and on my wifi, I'm pretty sure that's all the phone needs for the ahead on a big DL and installation like that).

So I'm stymied at the current moment. The phone vibrates when I hit a key (like it normally does, though this time lagged) Just no letter comes up with it. The general lag also seems to be a problem here, but if they are unrelated I would like to get the typing problem fixed first. I can deal with slow, I can't deal with non-working. Anyways guys, thanks in advance for any ideas you might have for fixing it, reading through your forums has helped me alot before!

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    have you tried turning the phone off by the key combination that is basically the same thing as a battery pull? you might want to give that a go and see how it works after that.

3. klaatux

klaatux Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2013
    No luck sadly, and with the first full day of observing it I've noticed my battery didn't last 6 hours of non use (literally sitting there)

4. Grey1001

Grey1001 Android Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2010
    NorCal
    When all else has failed, try this. You will need to re-setup your phone.

Good Luck