1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No UI when on A/C power

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimmy4vb, Aug 12, 2011.

1. jimmy4vb

jimmy4vb Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    I've had my Mesmerize since Nov 2010 and had it upgraded to stock 2.2 in the store. The phone was stellar running 2.1 but has been a headache running 2.2 (bluetooth issues, unlock issues, missed calls, flaky signal strength, no UI when powered, softer vibrate, etc.). I did a factory reset and then upgraded to 2.2.1 (EE19) via mini kies at home. The update fixed the missed calls issue, so it is actually a phone again. The other problems are annoyances, but the one that continues to confound me is the non-functioning UI when on A/C power.

I use streaming audio while at work and need to keep the phone A/C powered. When powered, the touchscreen UI is unresponsive or erratic about 80% of the time. Unplugging the power fixes this 100% of the time. USCC's tech support recommends I do a complete reflash but I have been reluctant to do so.

Anyone else see this problem? Any suggestions outside of a reflash?

Advertisement

2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    I agree with the reflash. For whatever reason, the mini kies updates seem to cause more problems than they solve.

3. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    electrician
    Central Iowa
    I have only noticed that issue with mine when I don't use the samsung supplied power cord/adapter.
    If I use a generic power cord I will have a nonfunctioning touch-screen till I unplug it. It will charge, and receive calls and such, I just can't do anything with it till I unplug it.
    If I use the stock cord I can use it like it's not plugged in at all.