1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

No unlock option with Google Find My Device after locking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidquestion, Sep 22, 2017.

1. androidquestion

None

Oct 15, 2016
    Female
    So I set a PIN on my device this morning in a hurry before work and I apparently had a typo but managed to do it twice so the lock worked. I have tried every iteration of my PIN that I can think my clumsy thumbs would have hit but nothing is working.

After some research I decided to try Google's Find My Device. You are supposed to be able to lock the phone remotely using a new password. I was able to lock it all right, except there was no "enter new password" prompt (like there is supposed to be) and there is no "unlock" option.

So now my phone is locked with a mystery PIN and a seemingly permanent lock through Google as well. Do I have any options other than a full reset?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. ahmad muahir

ahmad muahir Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2017
    Male
    You r right same problem with me.i m trying search solutions but could not.I think only one way unlocked my device.

Motorola Moto G4 Play

The Moto G Play 4th Gen (G4 Play) was announced May, 2016 alongside the regular Moto G4 and G4 Plus. The Moto G4 Play is the lower-end of the lineup featuring a 5.0-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 410 processor, 16GB storage, 2GB RAM, 8MP rear/5MP front facing camera, and 2,800 mAh battery.