1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips No Updates From Vodafone...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pcotter, Jan 26, 2012.

1. pcotter

pcotter Lurker
    None

Jan 23, 2012
    Hello everybody,

Since i cant get no updates (2.3.6) soon from my provider (Vodafone Germany), is possible to use one of the official roms and update my Note manually ?

If so, which Rom... ?
    can i update to Open Europe ?

I'm on
    Version n7000xxkj4
    csc n7000vd2kj1

Thanks

Advertisement

2. gaugerer

gaugerer Member
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    I bought the Nexus One from Vodafone on a two-year contract expecting to get updates directly from Google. However, I soon discovered that Vodafone had customised the Nexus One software so that updates were delayed. Eventually, I managed to replace the Vodafone ROM with the standard Google ROM and got my Nexus One updates at the same time as other Nexus One owners. In addition, I discovered that my GPS signal at home from Vodafone was bad but if I used a different SIM to get better reception then I still had to pay for my Vodafone SIM.

After that experience I vowed never to be a customer of Vodafone or any other telephone company so that I can use the SIM which works best at home. I would have preferred the Note to be able to get updates direct from Google, but at least my updates are not further delayed by telephone companies.

I recently updated my UK ROM to a German ROM in order to get the latest firmware and here is a link to the details. Good Luck.

My Experience of Upgrading Firmware to LA4 - xda-developers