1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support no usb mounting on Vista

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ihave5, Feb 20, 2011.

1. ihave5

ihave5 Newbie

I see some people on here having problems mounting to their Macs since the update, but I have Vista and am getting bubkis. This is the first time I have tried to connect via USB since the update, and I don't even get a little usb icon in the status bar and my PC does not recognize that anything is plugged in, but it charges. I don't have this problem with any other devices. I am mostly inclined to believe the phone is the problem, as I was having similar problems a few months ago and Verizon made me hard reset. I have tried the turning debugging on and off, power cycling while connected, changing back and forth from mass storage and the like, and all I get is a phone that charges and apparently doesn't know it is connected via USB. so, wth? I will call Verizon on Monday, but don't expect much, so any suggestions?

my phone is stock.

Advertisement

2. ihave5

ihave5 Newbie

Nevermind. I am here to tell you that the CABLE you are using really does make a difference. I no longer have the cable that came with my phone, as it inexplicably stopped working after a couple of months. Like any sensible person I went to the Verizon store and purchased a generic replacement, because mini-USB is all the same and that't what the guy at the store told me, right? right!?!? WRONG. I have not been able to mount, and thought it was due to the update, but just for kicks decided to try using my husbands original SF mini-USB cable, and whaddayaknow, it works just fine. I don't know why.

Does anybody know why???