1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support no usb mounting on Vista

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ihave5, Feb 20, 2011.

1. ihave5

ihave5 Newbie
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    I see some people on here having problems mounting to their Macs since the update, but I have Vista and am getting bubkis. This is the first time I have tried to connect via USB since the update, and I don't even get a little usb icon in the status bar and my PC does not recognize that anything is plugged in, but it charges. I don't have this problem with any other devices. I am mostly inclined to believe the phone is the problem, as I was having similar problems a few months ago and Verizon made me hard reset. I have tried the turning debugging on and off, power cycling while connected, changing back and forth from mass storage and the like, and all I get is a phone that charges and apparently doesn't know it is connected via USB. so, wth? I will call Verizon on Monday, but don't expect much, so any suggestions?

my phone is stock.

Advertisement

2. ihave5

ihave5 Newbie
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    Nevermind. I am here to tell you that the CABLE you are using really does make a difference. I no longer have the cable that came with my phone, as it inexplicably stopped working after a couple of months. Like any sensible person I went to the Verizon store and purchased a generic replacement, because mini-USB is all the same and that't what the guy at the store told me, right? right!?!? WRONG. I have not been able to mount, and thought it was due to the update, but just for kicks decided to try using my husbands original SF mini-USB cable, and whaddayaknow, it works just fine. I don't know why.

Does anybody know why???