• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No USB notification when plugged into computer

cabraswell

Android Enthusiast
Jun 24, 2010
Western NC
Alright. I've done a little research and tried a few things so don't kill me if the answer was right under my nose. I've been looking to root my Fascinate (not new but looks great) but when plugging my phone into the PC using a micro USB cable I get no notification on the phone and no pop-up on the PC.

I've tried this with USB Debugging on and off. I've reseated my SD card. I don't have the stock cable that came with the phone but I've tried a cable that came with my wife's dumb (not smart) phone. It does charge when plugged into the PC or into the wall but apparently there is no data connection from what I can tell.

I guess what I'm asking is:

Is there another setting I'm not checking?
Is there a good chance that it's the cable? (I've got a couple new one's coming tomorrow)

Details:
Firmware version

Baseband version
S:i500.04 V.ED05

Kernel version

Build number
SCH-I500.ED05

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones