1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root No USB speaker output after rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kirotank, Aug 29, 2011.

1. kirotank

kirotank Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    I rooted and flashed CM7 last week but can not figure out how to run my droid sound through the AUX when docked. Is there a setting or an app that can cure this? Running 2.2 there was a speaker selection on the dock home screen but on 2.3.4 its missing?!

Advertisement

2. seanatsb

seanatsb Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 7, 2010

Try dock sound redirector from the Market. but you may need to find a different Kernel than the one CM7 came with.

The CM7 dev. group supporting the Samsung phone has decided not to incorporate the code needed to support this feature. There are custom CM7 kernels that support dock sound.

3. kirotank

kirotank Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    Thanks. I'll see if re-director works. If not, any recommendations on a kernel? New to the root world and probably will take me hours to figure out one.

Jon

4. Tripledrop

Tripledrop Newbie
    None

Mar 19, 2012
    I would love the answer to this as well! I've been looking for a way to play my phone audio (not bothered about the calls) through the line out to my car stereo. Sound director seems like the answer, but I need a kernel that supports it, and CM7!

5. hyogen

hyogen Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    I have CM9 and got Icy Glitch....and the sound redirector doesn't work for the USB dock for line out sound :(

it seems like it's working but there just isn't any sound coming out.

i read a review on Google Play app store and one guy said it worked with glitch and cm9 :(

anyone?

The only reason why I installed the Glitch kernal was so that Voodoo sound would work.