• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help no username

amy91863

Lurker
Feb 2, 2011
I've tried to delete an email account that got messed up with an update but there's no username tagged to it and i can't enter one. i can only enter the password and then get a message saying a username must be entered. The user name is grayed out and can't be accessed. Help!

The only thing I can think of is: Turn your phone off. When you turn it back on, hold the X key while you hold the power key. You'll get a triangle with an exclamation point in it, and a little android. Press the search (magnifying glass) key, then use the L/R arrows to select "wipe data". Select yes. When it's done, hit reboot. This will wipe ALL your data from your phone, but your contacts and apps will be synced through google (assuming you have your google account set up) when you resync your account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones