• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No video, just sound

Bobbinnoli

Lurker
Apr 2, 2013
I have a Samsung Galaxy version 4.0.4 and checked for updates, and there are none.
My problem is that I can watch Youtube videos, videos that I've taken myself, and everything is fine. I've downloaded movies before (a while ago) to watch on a plane and had no problems whatsoever.

I want to watch a PBS show online, and all I get is sound, no video at all.
I have to warn you that I'm not too tech savvy, but is there anything I can do to make this work? I've rebooted several times and still nothing.

Thanks in advance,
Stephanie

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Maybe the problem is with the video on that station ... Have you tried watching any other videos other than the ones you mentioned?

Do you have Adobe Flash Player on the device? You might also want to perform a full reset of the device... hopefully this will fix the problem.

Good luck. :)

Upvote 0
Hi and thank you so much for your response. I checked and I do have Adobe Flash Player 11.1.
I don't think the problem is with the PBS site because I had my husband try to watch it on his PC at work and he was able to get both video & audio with no problem.
I'm afraid to do a total reset of my tablet because I don't want to lose all of my stuff (photos, etc.).
Thanks for your help.
Stephanie

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones