1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No voicemail notification icon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ednafate, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Ednafate

Ednafate Lurker

Please help, anyone..
    I have a dual SIM Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime. I've never been able to get voicemail icons to show in the notification bar. So I don't know if I have a voicemail. (I do get missed call notification icons, and the missed number will show the little icon of there's a message, but I routinelymiss seeing that.)
    I've tried to find a fix in settings, voicemail settings, call settings, notifications, application manager, even dialing into my voicemail to try turning notifications on or off. There is no such option. I'm about to look for an app for voicemails since this has been so illusive. But any help offered here would be great!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That's only something I've ever seen on carrier version devices, and voicemail is a service provided by your carrier. As your phone is apparently dual-SIM, I assume it's not a carrier version device and wasn't supplied by them.

There's a very old AF thread here about it, from 2009.
    https://androidforums.com/threads/voicemail-icon.18431/

Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime release date was September 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7870 Octa processor, and 3300mAh battery.

September 2016
Release Date
Reviews