1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No Voicemail Notification Since Upgrade...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kblanco, Jan 8, 2019.

1. kblanco

kblanco Well-Known Member

So I've got a Moto G5 Plus and when it was running Nougat everything was humming along fine. I got the update for Oreo and after waiting a while and not hearing of any issues on the various boards I decided to accept the upgrade. For the most part things are running fine on Oreo aside from a couple of apps. However the voicemail notification that I used to get in the status bar is now gone. I've reset the voicemail and of course Moto says that it is a provider problem and good luck getting any help from Google. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this, Moto or other device, and if anyone might have any thoughts about it...

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by bcrichster, Jan 8, 2019 (3 points)
  3. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Have you tried factory resetting after a total OS upgrade? It is highly recommended to do so and may fix your problem since it removes any conflicting files leftover from previous OS.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. kblanco

No, haven't tried a factory reset. I'll consider it as I have most everything backed up. It's just a little time consuming as I use a heavily themed device... But thank you for giving me something to think about nonetheless.

5. kblanco

Bcrichster, thanks for the response. This past weekend I did decide to go ahead and do a factory reset for both this and another issue and it seems to have cleaned things up and resolved whatever was keeping the voicemail notification for appearing...

KB

Mikestony likes this.
  6. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

No problem! Glad it helped you, hopefully it can get marked as solved

Mikestony likes this.
  7. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

...maybe, if yer nice :p

bcrichster likes this.
  8. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Thanks, You da Mann!
    :cool:

Mikestony likes this.
  9. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

I know that some notifications that we're available with Android 7 are not available with Android 8. Had a notification issue with texts that we're no longer available.

Motorola Moto G5 Plus Forum

The Motorola Moto G5 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 2-4GB RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews