• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No voicemail?

So when I call voicemail (*86) it doesn't take me to where I have to type in my password, it goes to as if I were another person calling and I didn't answer. It says "The number you are trying to reach is not available leave a message after the beep, BEEEP." I cannot access my voicemail messages at all.
I've gone into Settings > Call > Voicemail > Voicemail service - My carrier.
Also Settings > Call > Voicemail > Voicemail settings - and the number IS *86.

This issue has been since I've had the phone on the day of release & I've wiped my whole phone once since then. That didn't change anything.
I know it's not my Verizon plan because I'm on the plan with 2 other people and they have voicemail.. I know I have voicemail messaged I haven't listened to there's just no way to get to them (even the voicemail notification doesn't come up.)

& No I have not tried visual voicemail because I am not paying for that, but I know my voicemail account exists because when I tap visual voicemail it makes you type in your password and it goes through.

Anyone else have this? Please help, I've tried everything. Thanks in advance :D

When it gives you that message, does hitting the # key prompt you?

Also, make sure you don't have any call forwards set up accidentally (Had that happen the other day).

Weird though, that *86 wouldn't take you straight in. I'd say you might want to call into CS and see if they can refresh the voicemail feature on your line, or investigate further.

Upvote 0
When it gives you that message, does hitting the # key prompt you?

Also, make sure you don't have any call forwards set up accidentally (Had that happen the other day).

Weird though, that *86 wouldn't take you straight in. I'd say you might want to call into CS and see if they can refresh the voicemail feature on your line, or investigate further.

I tried the pound key, & nothing happened.
But yeah I'm just gonna have to call Verizon. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones