1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No voicemail?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brtnygrn, Sep 7, 2011.

1. brtnygrn

brtnygrn Member

So when I call voicemail (*86) it doesn't take me to where I have to type in my password, it goes to as if I were another person calling and I didn't answer. It says "The number you are trying to reach is not available leave a message after the beep, BEEEP." I cannot access my voicemail messages at all.
    I've gone into Settings > Call > Voicemail > Voicemail service - My carrier.
    Also Settings > Call > Voicemail > Voicemail settings - and the number IS *86.

This issue has been since I've had the phone on the day of release & I've wiped my whole phone once since then. That didn't change anything.
    I know it's not my Verizon plan because I'm on the plan with 2 other people and they have voicemail.. I know I have voicemail messaged I haven't listened to there's just no way to get to them (even the voicemail notification doesn't come up.)

& No I have not tried visual voicemail because I am not paying for that, but I know my voicemail account exists because when I tap visual voicemail it makes you type in your password and it goes through.

Anyone else have this? Please help, I've tried everything. Thanks in advance :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

When it gives you that message, does hitting the # key prompt you?

Also, make sure you don't have any call forwards set up accidentally (Had that happen the other day).

Weird though, that *86 wouldn't take you straight in. I'd say you might want to call into CS and see if they can refresh the voicemail feature on your line, or investigate further.

3. brtnygrn

brtnygrn Member

I tried the pound key, & nothing happened.
    But yeah I'm just gonna have to call Verizon. Thanks :)

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews