1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No way to get MSL

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LAWLETTE, Sep 11, 2012.

1. LAWLETTE

LAWLETTE Member

I am trying to get my MSL for my E4GT on FG31 rooted. I have tried getprop ril.MSL both SU and non SU commands, alogcat method, a MEID Converter, DFS and CDMA tools, and even guessed a couple times! None of these methods have worked. Any guesses?

2. EZGOEVO

EZGOEVO Newbie

Are you using the Samsung keyboard? Did you use Terminal Emulator or ConnectBot?

3. LAWLETTE

LAWLETTE Member

I am using the Samsung keyboard not swipe. I used terminal emulator. getprop ril.MSL. Should i try connectbot?

4. LAWLETTE

LAWLETTE Member

So i ran just getprop and there is no ril.MSL in the list. there are other ril.XXXX entries but not a ril.MSL? Odd right?

5. Wintafr3sh

Wintafr3sh Lurker

Ok so i was having the same problem your having with my boost mobile galaxy s2 i couldn't get my msl with the getprop method but i ran across some helpful information that actually worked for me & should definitely work for you>>>>>

Download alogcat app from Market and open it. Press menu>filter and type msl in the filter.Go to your dialer and enter ##3282# then when the menu comes up choose Edit.*When it asks for your msl, enter 6 random numbers and you will get a message that the code was incorrect.Long press home and choose alogcat app. In the data, it shows what your msl is.*

rychada, TheBritton and r4l914 like this.
  6. LAWLETTE

LAWLETTE Member

I can't get alogcat to work. Could you link the app that you used.

7. Wintafr3sh

Wintafr3sh Lurker

well the app i used was alogcat downloaded from the market what exactly do you mean when you say you can't get alogcat to work?? have you tried the method i posted earlier already?? i'll post some pics of how i got my msl via alogcat with directions>>>>>>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thezman007 and r4l914 like this.
  8. LAWLETTE

LAWLETTE Member

alogcat never reads any logs. It always come up with "reading logs" but always remains blank.

9. zombu2

zombu2 Well-Known Member

just call boost they will give it to you

10. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Exactly what I was thinking as I read all this.

11. egingell

egingell Newbie

And if they won't, just pretend you can't access the Internet. Tell them you are doing all the steps in their troubleshooting process, but don't actually do anything. Eventually, they will make their way to where you have to type it in. Write it down. :)

12. xcalibur_123

xcalibur_123 Lurker

This worked awsome man, thanks a lot!!! :D

13. r4l914

r4l914 Lurker

Appreciate this post, these instructions worked perfectly!!!

14. Method760

Method760 Well-Known Member

What is MSL?? Still trying to learn all this... Lol

15. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

(Master Subsidy Lock)

A numeric code (password) that prevents a user from accessing certain technical settings of a phone. It is specifically designed to prevent a phone from being reprogrammed to work with a different carrier (service provider).

DS

16. thezman007

thezman007 Newbie

Thanks,this was the only thing that worked for me after several other methods :)

17. tlombardi

tlombardi Newbie

worked for me thanks

18. anaspc

anaspc Lurker

thanks thanks thanks thanks

19. DBHALL

DBHALL Newbie

Download MSL reader from market^-^ Waaay easier!

20. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Does it work with the epic touch now? Didn't when I had mine

21. admire123

admire123 Newbie

none of theses worked :/ for me

22. TerrellAiko

TerrellAiko Lurker

It's 2014 is there a new way to get the MSL without root on the samsung galaxy s2 (sprint) with jelly bean 2.1.2

23. egingell

egingell Newbie

Yeah. Call your carrier and ask or pretend you have no access to the internet. Depending on where you bought it, it might even be on your receipt.

24. asifali418

asifali418 Lurker

i try and its work for me byt my msl is some kind of diffident word.its like

[]??13[]
    how i put this msl code in my phone my esn is change by self

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews