1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No way to set password on Flytouch3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jerrypsmith, Aug 31, 2011.

1. jerrypsmith

jerrypsmith Lurker

Strange - 67 views of this post (at the time of posting this) but not one reply - even a scornful 1. Presumably then this is a feature of the device and there is no way of stopping anyone from logging onto your Flytouch 3?

=============================

Hi - newbie poster and droid tab user so go gentle with me ...

My recently purchased Flytouch3 is as wonderful and awful in equal measure as I expected it to be. One 'feature' I cant find is a lock screen or power on password - have looked in 'Locations and Security' under settings but there isn't an obvious option to change/set.

Any ideas my new friends?

--------------------------------

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Lurker

I have been looking for one also but so far I found only word/pattern security for apps. Nothing for turning it on (yet)

3. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Android Enthusiast

4. jerrypsmith

jerrypsmith Lurker

Thanks for the reply. I followed the links you provided and the first 2 both point to a 2.2. native ability to lock your device ...

"What’s more, the most essential security precautions for your Android device, like password-protecting the device itself and setting it to auto-lock after a specified period of time, don’t require an app; both of those features can be accessed within "Settings -> Location & Security."

The point is I'm running 2.2. but dont get these options in Location and Security under Settings.

5. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Android Enthusiast

That is because you are not running a phone with an identifiable IMEI & an actual number tied to that IMEI, so the option to do certain functions will never appear in our FT3 tablets. Also, the makers of our tablets do not (& will not) pay google for any licensing agreement to use android, so again, things like paid apps and many other functions will not appear as an option on our tablets.

You will have to find the right apps to do what you wish to achieve, if it can be achieved at all.

6. paulsam7

paulsam7 Newbie

As I wrote in another thread about this issue:

Since tablets are so easily portable, I don't think the makers/developers considered that someone would just walk away from it - hey, too easy for anyone to just pick it up and walk away with it, too. (Ever seen a tablet with a Kensington lock???)

Just take it with you, don't leave it lying around.

7. Forest55

Forest55 Lurker

Just purchased one of these on ebay from a Mississippi seller who customizes with Tim Rom and still no way to password protect.

Rather frightening if you have access to corporate email accounts and information to have to remember to password protect by application!! please.

If you want to run with the big dogs, you cannot stay on the porch!