1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No Wi-Fi after rom upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dexter, Oct 24, 2014.

1. dexter

dexter Lurker

Previously running stock 4.4.2, rooted, S-on, with TWRP.

I kept getting notifications about upgrading so attempted to flash the stock recovery extracted from the upgrade file, in order to allow this. Unfortunately the stock recovery would not boot so I have returned to TWRP.

I have now upgraded rom to the Android Revolution HD 4.4.4 via TWRP, but now my Wi-Fi won't turn on at all. Any suggestions as to what to do?

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #7 by EarlyMon, Dec 21, 2014 (1 points)
  3. saltire

saltire Android Expert

Your problem is that you haven't updated your firmware. The ARHD thread is littered with posts on the same subject. You will need to restore your nandroid (you did take a nandroid backup didn't you) to go back to 4.4.2 or get s-off so you can flash firmware to match 4.4.4 ROM. Or flash stock recovery, and take the OTA but it seems you have problems with that.

4. dexter

dexter Lurker

5. dexter

dexter Lurker

Fixed!

Here's what I did, in case anyone else comes across this thread who is having the same issue:

1. S-OFF using Sunshine. It's a cost of $25 but I was planning to S-OFF anyway so I stumped up. It may be possible to do the following without S-OFF but I haven't tried it, so do your own reading and attempt at own risk.

2. Set supercid by booting to fastboot, connecting to computer with adb/fastboot tools loaded and running following command:

Code (Text):
    1. fastboot oem writecid 11111111
    3. Downloaded firmware appropriate to my rom from here.

4. Followed instructions to flash firmware from here. It's not very clear from that list but, if you are S-OFF, you do not appear to need to lock bootloader, so you can skip steps 1, 2 and 10.

And done! Everything seems to be working just fine now.

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. saltire

saltire Android Expert

7. HTCdcwilly

HTCdcwilly Lurker

How do i know which firmware version to use?

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

Which carrier are you on?

Are you already sporting s-off?

9. Valkyr

Valkyr Lurker

I have the same question as HTCdcwilly. I have S-OFF and have Verizon.

10. dautley

dautley Android Expert

11. ajward

ajward Lurker

Sorry to re-incarnate this thread. I need firmware also. I have s-on at&t. I also need a nandroid rom.

12. Steera

Steera Lurker

these are my problems...I installed new rom on my HTC one m8(unlocked s-off)and after installation my wifi doesn't work and I reboot it to see if something will change but instead of that now I'm stuck in htc logo screen...can you help me out please

13. Steera

Steera Lurker

before I installed the new rom I had an old kitkat version 4.4.2 and i couldn't update so I had to install the new rom manually through TWRP...but now I'm stuck in htc logo screen...please help me guys. I"m on HTC one m8 unlocked and S-off

14. saltire

saltire Android Expert

Sounds like you need to get firmware updated first, before flashing a later ROM. Presume you have fastboot tools already since you flashed TWRP, so with bootloader in fastboot can you run

fastboot getvar all

And post the results up but scrub out your IMEI and serial numbers.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: