1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

No wifi access

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rosie713, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Rosie713

Rosie713 Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2017
    Hi all. I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can help me undo the stupid mistake I made last night while fooling around with my application manager.

I was looking through applications menu, working down the list clearing out the cache on each one assuming I wasn't doing any harm. Well, when it came to "Samsung Health" (with a little logo of a figure running) I thought it meant keeping track of exercising. Duh-OH I deleted the cache and tried to stop the app.

A while later I realized that I had lost my wifi connection. I tried to factory reset from the applications menu, and any other menus I could find. My wifi name still invisible. I tried everything I could think of, still no luck.

A few clicks and curses later it asked me for my password. But which password?? Google? my network? my email? I tried them all, I rebooted and tried again nothing. Wifi off, reboot wifi on, reboot. Still nothing. Made sure airplane mode was not on. Then I tried add a new network, I typed in Spectrum (Fla. provider), my network name, nothing. My network password still nothing. Grrrrr.. So I had a glass of wine, gave up and went to bed. This morning, it was the same song and dance, still nothing. Is there anyone out there that knows how to fix this mess??
    Rosie713

Advertisement

Inferior Being likes this.
  2. Leon Marco

Leon Marco Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2017
    I don't think the mobile isn't connecting to the WiFi just because you deleted the fitness apps' data. Do you remember deleting the data of an app named settings storage? What exactly does the screen look like when you boot your phone? Do you see a Google logo somewhere?

Inferior Being likes this.
  3. Inferior Being

None

I don't think this could have been caused by clearing the cache of a health app, but I don't know how to fix this, as I have never come across this problem before, not ever heard of it.