1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root No WiFi after Rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rburggraf, Sep 15, 2011.

1. rburggraf

rburggraf Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    I rooted my Flytouch 3 to Tim's 5a and I can't get the WiFi to connect to a Sprint 3G wireless router (my laptop does just fine so it is not the router). I tried using both the normal WiFi GScript and the AdHock GScript and nothing. I tried setting up a WiFi network in settings and it scanned for a network and found nothing (the Pad is only 2 feet from the router). I tried using the WiFi switch on and off and nothing. Am I missing a step here somewhere? When I use the Lan connection on the router it connects to the internet perfectly. Is it possible that it will not work with a 3G network WiFi router? I haven't tried it anywhere else yet. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    How old is the FT3?

Where did you buy your FT3 from?

Does the box say Superpad 3/III or Ibex Flytouch 3?

3. Rabid1

Rabid1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Unfortunately if you have one of the pads with the faulty 2.2-20110803 firmware you sill have to wait for Tim's next release if he can fix it, or contact your reseller about reflashing stock (which may or may not fix it) or a replacement. I would not tell them your tried tims rom, but say you are stuck at the opening flash screen. If they send you a link to the firmware you might want to post it as it could help other people who have had the same issue. There was a version available for a short time but it has since been removed. A couple of reseller have said the only way to fix it is to send it back in, but Tim has said in a recent post on apad :

4. logs2lumber

logs2lumber Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Does the update firmware process take long? I received a download link from LB, due to the WIFI would not turn on, to download. I unzipped the file to the flash card and followed the instructions from LB. I have the Android 2.2 Flytouch 3 and I believe the firmware is 2.2-20110826.

5. Rabid1

None

Jul 15, 2011

it takes only a couple of minutes. Can you post the link to the firmware? it would be interesting to compare it to the other fix firmware that is out there.

If you don;t feel comfortable posting it in open forum you could PM it to me.

6. logs2lumber

logs2lumber Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Here is the link I was sent from LB:
    https://ticket.lightinthebox.com/download/5556d654-3aac-4b0e-85b8-dbdfc6292c22

I just got the unit and like what I see so far but I am beginning to have reservations. I have tried the Ethernet connection and it works. I have not tried the GPS. I have read that you can use a USB WIFI dongle. If I go that way do you just turn off the FT3 WIFI, switch, and then from the WIFI icon turn on the WIFI with the USB dongle engaged? I have emailed customer service back stating I believe the unit to be defective and maybe I should send it back for a refund. Lets see if they move a bit faster in resolving the issue. Please answer my question, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,

7. Rabid1

None

Jul 15, 2011
    A dongle should work. You can search here for compatible dongles

8. dart16

dart16 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    thats about it.... the Edimax EW-7711UAN 11n USB dongle works.... infact, any usb dongle that uses the RT 3070 chipset should work, its just that the example given also has a +3dB antenna, which can't hurt!

There have been reports that you don't need to turn the internal wifi off at the physical switch but if you don't I can't see how you know that you are using the external USB adapter!! Switch the internal wifi off at the physical switch & re-boot to be sure, switch wifi on in settings/wireless & network settings and away you go!

9. logs2lumber

logs2lumber Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    I have been communicating with LB via their website, slow, and they have asked I send the unit back. I had to provide a tracking number to show them I have shipped the unit back and they are sending me a new unit before receiving the defective unit. Their service is a bit slow but they did work with me to resolve the problem. So hopefully the new unit will work out of the box. Thanks for the feedback on my questions.

10. Rabid1

None

Jul 15, 2011
    Cool because I was looking at that firmware you linked and it predates the firmware on the pad you had. it would not have fixed anything.