1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support No WIFI Bars on Home Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crashbowman, Feb 17, 2010.

1. crashbowman

crashbowman New Member

Feb 17, 2010
    I just got a Moment and I am trying to analyze some issues to make sure everything is okay. The specific one I am asking about here is that on the home screen when I am connected to my home WIFI it does not show any bars. However if I go into the settings and look at the list of networks, my WIFI network will show two or three bars.

What doesn't make sense to me is that when I am connected to another WIFI it will show the same on the home screen and within settings.

I have read that if I show WIFI on the homescreen then that means I am using WIFI and not the Sprint Network.

Anyway I would greatly appreciate any help to understand what is going on here.

Thanks,
    John

Advertisement

2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    If there are no Wi-FI bars showing on the notification bar on the top of the screen, you MAY not be connected, connected meaning to the internet. You might have a solid connection to the router, but no pathway to the interwebz. Check that and be sure.

When you're on Wi-Fi, yes you are not using Sprint's network connection to gain access to the interwebz.

3. crashbowman

crashbowman New Member

Feb 17, 2010

I guess I don't understand how I would check that.:thinking:

4. crashbowman

crashbowman New Member

Feb 17, 2010
    I guess I figured it out. I downloaded "Airplane Mode Wi-fi Tool" and I was able to use the internet and android market fine. I just don't understand why it would show I have no bars on the notification bar.