• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No WIFI Bars on Home Screen

crashbowman

Lurker
Feb 17, 2010
I just got a Moment and I am trying to analyze some issues to make sure everything is okay. The specific one I am asking about here is that on the home screen when I am connected to my home WIFI it does not show any bars. However if I go into the settings and look at the list of networks, my WIFI network will show two or three bars.

What doesn't make sense to me is that when I am connected to another WIFI it will show the same on the home screen and within settings.

I have read that if I show WIFI on the homescreen then that means I am using WIFI and not the Sprint Network.

Anyway I would greatly appreciate any help to understand what is going on here.

Thanks,
John

If there are no Wi-FI bars showing on the notification bar on the top of the screen, you MAY not be connected, connected meaning to the internet. You might have a solid connection to the router, but no pathway to the interwebz. Check that and be sure.

When you're on Wi-Fi, yes you are not using Sprint's network connection to gain access to the interwebz.

Upvote 0
If there are no Wi-FI bars showing on the notification bar on the top of the screen, you MAY not be connected, connected meaning to the internet. You might have a solid connection to the router, but no pathway to the interwebz. Check that and be sure.

When you're on Wi-Fi, yes you are not using Sprint's network connection to gain access to the interwebz.

I guess I don't understand how I would check that.:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones