• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Could be because nobody knows and/or can't give a positive answer.

Basically what it is, Android-x86 is built to support specific hardware, which might be what the developers themselves have, it was certain Asus and Samsung netbooks and things, and it sounds like your HP Pavilion laptop doesn't have the particular WiFi hardware that the build you're using supports. Android has to be specifically built to support the particular combination and types of hardware it's running on.

Android-x86 version 6.x is very much alpha and a work in progress, so if something doesn't work, isn't supported, or is broken, good luck! .....or you can dive into the code and try to fix and support it yourself. :thumbsupdroid: Another thing, most Android-x86 development is done here in China, and so much of the information and discussion of it, is in Chinese.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could also be that you posted into an area of this forum that has not seen any activity for 15 weeks. This could have given you a hint about the time you would need to wait for a response.

I guess you can go ahead and ask for a refund on that support contract you paid for. I assume you have one, because otherwise your tone would be insulting to people who answer questions, in their free time, without payment. I can only take my hat off to @mikedt who managed to give you an excellent answer despite being insulted. I hope you appreciate it.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I just installed android 6 marshmallow on pavilion dv4 laptop.
the issue is there is no wifi connection.
I'd guess your WiFi card isn't supported, have you tried another build of Android x86?

There's also PhoenixOS:
http://www.phoenixos.com/download_x86

And Remix:
http://www.jide.com/remixos-for-pc

I'll tag @Bg260 so he will see this.

Android-x86 version 6.x is very much alpha and a work in progress
Android-x86 6.x is on it's third stable release, first stable version was Sep. 2016 :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones