1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No write/delete rights in the pictures and music folders.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SylKen77, Sep 5, 2011.

1. SylKen77

SylKen77 Lurker

Title says it all... can't add/delete files or subfolders in the pictures folder.
    When trying to delete files from the built in file browser, I'm getting an error: delete of file failed.

Connecting to my pc and trying to add files in the pictures folder results in freeze of the progress bar and after some time I get an error.

I've tried the download folder... that seems to work fine (altough, my pictures where in reverse order for some odd reason)

Any ideas? Fixes?

Thanks,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

That's not normal...you shouuld be able to read/write any of the non-system folders just fine. I can copy/paste in those folders without issue.
    Have you tried simply restarting the tablet? Power it off and back on?

If so, and it still doesn't work, then you may need to do a "Factory Reset" in the Privacy settings. It will erase everything in the tablet's memory, including pics, music, downloaded apps and widgets, etc. just like the first day you got it. If you have a microSD card in the slot, it won't erase that so any pics or music you have on there are safe.

3. SylKen77

SylKen77 Lurker

Factory reset solved it... thanks!

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Good to hear it's working as it should.
    :)

5. jefflmarion

jefflmarion Lurker

I have the same exact problem. I can't beleive there isn't something else I can do short of resetting everything. Does that mean I'll have to repurchase apps, download and reinstall updates, etc. That's ridiculous!

6. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

If you factory reset you will need to reinstall all apps, but you won't have to pay for them again, the Market 'remembers' that you've already paid for them.

If by 'reinstall updates' you mean an OTA update to the OS, no. A factory reset doesn't actually take it back to like it was from the factory (though that's certainly implied). Your current operating system will remain unchanged.

jefflmarion likes this.
  7. jefflmarion

jefflmarion Lurker

Thanks. That's good to know about the market place remembering my purchases. I'll have to figure out which apps I've downloaded but getting the e-mails working again was tricky and required a session w/my IT guy at work...

8. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast

Apps are easy- go to "My apps" on the Google market or Amazon Appstore and it will show all the ones you've paid/downloaded already.

9. vosg

vosg Android Expert

You could also use App Backup...

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews