1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No Youtube Widget on Desire S?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rusteh101, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Rusteh101

Rusteh101 Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Hey people,

New to this forum and I have a question, my girlfriend has just bought a Desire S and I can't add a youtube widget to the home screens.

On my Desire Z you just hit the customize button, widget and then scroll down to Youtube and it's just there, but there isn't on the Desire S, how do I get one?

Thanks,
    Jonny

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Are you saying the app is installed, but you can't add it to a home screen as a widget or that there's no YouTube app/widget on the phone?

If there's no app on your phone, then there's the Android app/widget for YouTube that you can download from Android Market where you can access many other apps. Once installed, you can use it as widget or app.

(You should have the Android Market app on your phone which you can also use to search and install the YouTube app, as well as others.)

If the app is there, but you can't add it to a home screen, make sure you have room on the screen that you want to add it to. I think the widget requires a horizontal 1/4 of screen space. To access the app, All Apps > YouTube, and press and hold the YouTube icon to transfer it to a single empty icon space on a Home screen. To access the widget, Personalise > Widget > YouTube, and press the icon to transfer it to a Home screen with the right amount of space.

3. Rusteh101

Rusteh101 Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    The application is installed and it works perfectly but there is no widget with it, it's the latest version too. The widget isn't listed in the "Personalise > Widget" list.

Is the widget availible seperately?

4. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Check to see where the app is stored. Is it in the phone's memory or SD card? If it's on your SD card, try moving the app to the phone.

All apps > Menu > Remove app > On SD card (tab at top) > YouTube > Move to phone.

Tags: