• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no zip codes in my contacts??

Well, okay...So I just figured out that the contacts app on the droid will only show three lines of address and cut the rest off. But before I edit all of my contacts to the three-line-format, does anyone know if there's a way to get the contacts app to show more than three lines of address?

TIA!

Upvote 0
Have you experimented with one of your contacts in Gmail? Are you adding the zipcode after the State, or is it under?

Like this?:
John Doe

123 Ford Lane
Cleveland, Ohio 44125

Or like this?:
John Doe

123 Ford Lane
Cleveland, Ohio

I have mine entered like the second way (seperate line for zipcodes) and it works great.

Oops ... delayed reply.

Upvote 0
You're right, Joe. You can have up to 4 lines. I apparently had 5 and 6 (and sometimes 7) lines in my addresses - NYCers can have some funky addresses. Ha! (And they seem to have imported to my gmail in kind of a weird format from my Blackberry.)

Thanks!

Well if you guys didn't have the population of some medium sized countries you'd have normal addresses. ;)

Upvote 0
ok. I'm a HTC newby. I don't use gmail for my contacts/email. All of my phone contacts were "transferred" by Sprint from my old Palm Centro, together with all address and phone numbers. Guess what?
Only the phone numbers were transferred. I cannot locate any addresses at all.
Also, I cannot find an editing field so that I can add individual contact addresses. Can I do this even if I don't use gmail? I use yahoo for my email. HELP Please.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones