1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Noise Canceling Mic Built In

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lwendt33, Aug 6, 2010.

1. lwendt33

lwendt33 Member

Aug 3, 2010
    The Captivate has a built in noise canceling. While your on a call hit the 1st button at the buttom (next to home) and it comes up as an option. I only see the option during a call though. Just FYI.

Advertisement

2. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Its defaulted on just so you know.

3. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I know a lot of people were talking about how the iPhone 4 and the Droid X have multiple microphones across the phone, so does this single noise canceling microphone serve the same purpose?

I haven't had anyone complain about having trouble hearing me on any call I've had.

4. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Broadcast Engineer
    Dallas, TX
    I actually DID notice a noise cancellation "issue" with mine. I bought the black rubbery case from AT&T for it, and was on the phone once and my friend said that my audio all of a sudden sounded muffled or garbled. I played around with it, and determined that I was holding the phone with my shoulder against the back of it to hold it to my face. When I covered the camera and speakerphone holes on the back of the case with my shoulder, that's what made the difference. I assume maybe one of the speakerphone holes has a mic in it? I don't know. I had to try really hard to get it to "mess up" so I never worried about it.