1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Noisier vibration than legacy Wildfire?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fauxtronic, Jul 20, 2011.

1. fauxtronic

fauxtronic Member
    None

Aug 30, 2010
    UK
    I had a legacy Wildfire for a year, loved it, and just upgraded to a Wildfire S, but almost immediately noticed noisier vibration. I always had haptic feedback enabled on the last handset, but each vibration seemed briefer and inaudible. On the Wildfire S the vibration seems to last longer, seems stronger and I can hear it. If I enable typing sounds for the keyboard, I can barely hear them over the handset vibration creak while typing. Has anybody else noticed this or have I been sent a dodgy handset? I'm thinking of returning it over this. I am actually hard of hearing but I can hear the vibrate noise with my hearing aids turned off. It's terrible.

Advertisement

2. fauxtronic

fauxtronic Member
    None

Aug 30, 2010
    UK
    Er... no replies, but never mind. I had the handset replaced and the vibration is much quieter on the new one. It's still noisier than the legacy Wildfire when it rings, but when typing on the keyboard, you can't hear it. That was the major problem before. It sounded like flloorboards creaking upstairs or something everytime I hit a letter.

3. Hexx

Hexx Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Java and .Net Developer
    So is the haptic on your replacement Wildfire S completely inaudible? I'm not a huge fan of haptic, but one reason I turned mine off is because, whilst not earth shattering - you can hear it.

Cheers,

Ben.

4. fauxtronic

fauxtronic Member
    None

Aug 30, 2010
    UK
    I can't hear it, but I can feel it. I've never 'heard' haptic feedback before. Not on my legacy Wildfire nor my Hero before that. The problem with my first Wildfire S was that the vibration/creaking noise coming from the handset was louder than the typewriter audio effect... which was just not right. It was also giving an incredible jolt when you hit a letter.