1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Noisy charging notifications - Oppo A73

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gvm7777, Jan 21, 2019.

1. gvm7777

gvm7777 Lurker

When the phone is charging, it constantly makes noisy notifications, ie about every 3 to 5 seconds. It sounds like it is blowing bubbles underwater. It is very annoying since I have searched everywhere in the hope of finding a notification setting to turn off. I assume the notification is concerned with something to do with charging because it stops if I disconnect the charger. Any help to silence this monster would be very appreciated … TIA …. Greg

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Buried in one of my phones, running Nougat, in the Settings >> Sound >> Other sounds menu there's a 'Charging sounds' option. Don't know how closely that correlates with your Oppo but try digging into your Settings menu for something equivalent.

3. gvm7777

gvm7777 Lurker

I've searched, and can't locate the charging sounds option. The android version is 7.1.1, model cph1725. Please help, TIA... Greg

4. gvm7777

gvm7777 Lurker

Found it in app management

svim likes this.
  5. gvm7777

gvm7777 Lurker

I spoke too soon. I found settings in App Management/Battery/Manage Notifications and turned off 'Hide notification content on lockscreen' and 'Display at top of the screen'. I can confim the notification sounds cease when the battery charge reaches 100%. 'Sound and vibration' and 'priority notification' were already off.

Do all of these notification settings concern only visual notifications? If so, where are the settings for sound notifications?
    TIA … Greg