• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nokia 7.1 cant load android

Nokia 7.1, did the security update yesterday. On bootup screen came up - Android recovery then in red Cannot load Android system. It then gives me two options only
Try Again
Factory data reset.
Now I have a heap of photos Id like to get off the device before I do the factory data reset. Nokia unhelp center were utterly hopeless an quite condescending.
Im hoping somebody on the forum can help me access the data before I bin the phone and buy something descent

this is why you should have been using google photos. it automatically backs up my photos. i never have to worry about pics as they are forever stored safely on the cloud.

now as far as your situation goes, it does not look like you have any other option other than doing a factory reset. it seems that you have either a bad downloaded update or it was just a bad install of one. is the phone rooted? if so then there are ways out of it. if not, then i think you are sol.........sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones