1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nokia 7.1 cant load android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ian Mccall, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Ian Mccall

Ian Mccall Lurker

Nokia 7.1, did the security update yesterday. On bootup screen came up - Android recovery then in red Cannot load Android system. It then gives me two options only
    Try Again
    Factory data reset.
    Now I have a heap of photos Id like to get off the device before I do the factory data reset. Nokia unhelp center were utterly hopeless an quite condescending.
    Im hoping somebody on the forum can help me access the data before I bin the phone and buy something descent

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

this is why you should have been using google photos. it automatically backs up my photos. i never have to worry about pics as they are forever stored safely on the cloud.

now as far as your situation goes, it does not look like you have any other option other than doing a factory reset. it seems that you have either a bad downloaded update or it was just a bad install of one. is the phone rooted? if so then there are ways out of it. if not, then i think you are sol.........sorry.

3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Like @ocnbrze mentioned, unless you have google photos setup it will be incredibly difficult to gain access to your photos. Unless you have an SD card in use, as most camera app will detect the SD card and default all images to it. In which case you can simply stick the SD card into a computer and download them.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Ian Mccall

Ian Mccall Lurker

Sd card was in use and the phone did not default the images to it which is really annoying

Nokia 7.1 Forum

The Nokia 7.1 release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.84" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 636 processor, and 3060mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews