• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nokia 7 android phone not responding to "Hi google" ( When hands free)

Brian123923

Lurker
Aug 4, 2020
Hi, I have a Pixel 3A phone and a Nokia 7 Android phone,
I can use Voice command with Google Pixel 3A smoothly in hands free mode, its really good, i mean I can just use voice command like" Hi google". without using hands, then Pixel phone will respond to me and get things done, thats incredible,

i was trying to get my other Android phone - Nokia 7 to respond to " Hi google" hands free, so I installed Google newest version, and Google Assistant, i tried and tried, but I just can Not get it to respond to me when I say " Hi Google" to wake it up, assistant on Nokia android phone works when i tap assistant to manually start it, but it is not what I want, i want it to respond to me hands free,
whats the solution?
thanks
Brian

Try these first?

{I turned off Voice Match - Hey Google on my Nokia 7 Plus)

open the Google app
Tap .... More on bottom right
then Settings

Go to both Voice
and Google Assistant

Screenshot_20200804-121829.png Screenshot_20200804-121916.png Screenshot_20200804-121850.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones