• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nokia Jabs Google at Nokia World Event

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Usually when we recap events we start them off with, “as expected” but no such comment will be made this time as Nokia announced the N97 at their Nokia World event in Barcelona, Spain today. The phone will be $550 Euros before carrier subsidization and its being described as the Noka 5800 on Steroids. But what [...]

More...

They finally came out with a tilt screen I've been asking for for the last year (I came to Android via being a Nokia Internet Tablet user). Aside from a questionable keyboard layout, this is very much the hardware I've wanted from them for a year.

Software on the other hand... I would have preferred Maemo on it. Ideally, to me, it would have:

1) Maemo
2) Dalvik (for android apps)
3) Tethering for my Netbook
4) T-Mobile USA 3G

But, no such luck. Until they release a version of this thing with that feature set, I probably wont be going back to Nokia for my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones