• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nokia photo question

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
i just got this nokia and set it up on metro. but what is giving me fits now is when i plug the phone into me pc and click in the folder icon in the taskbar to open explorer i see nokia and i click that and then internal as it has no sd in it and then dcmi and then camera. i have hundreds of photos that migrated from google to the phone and maybe 5 photos i took with the phone.

my issues is when i look at the photos all i see is a blank icon and it has the photo name and then under the name is has jpg file so how do i get this phone to show these as photos? any other phone i connect will show the photo

upload_2022-10-27_11-0-13.png

look at this and see the photos. this is from another phone doing the same process and they show as photos.
so do i have to change some settings in the nokia to get this phone to send out photos as with the jpg included in the file name so the pc knows they are photos? i do not want to jump thru hoops every time want to save photos from the nokia to my pc. thanks

upload_2022-10-27_11-2-36.jpeg

the photos are now on the phone. i do not have an sd card in it as it has plenty of storage. so do i have to put an sd card in it and then put the photos onto the sd card and then when i plug it into the pc and navigate t the sd card to see them open on my pc?

update!

so i installed an sd card and copied the photos to the sd card and i can't even see the sd card on my pc. most phones give you a choice of where you want to look. either this is a sorry phone or i have a setting off someplace. i may just do a hard reset later today and see if it corrects itself.

when i first got the phone it went thru about 6 updates and i figured it was stuck in a loop so i turned off updates maybe it was actually still needing some programs to do what it needs to do.

question. when i go into the storage i see just under storage manage these lines that say

photos & videos and that has 0.88 gb
music & audio 0.18 gb
games 1.5 gb
movies & tv apps 0.43 gb
other apps 8.3 gb
files 0.00 gb
system 20 gb
when i tap photos & videos i get the google photo icon and 198 mb then the gallery that i installed at 36.86 mb and the images at 563 mb if i tap google i get all the photos google has and if i tap gallery i see lots of photos i did not go thru them all but my guess is those are the ones i still have on the only galaxy a21 phone that i transferred
if i tap images i get another popup that wants me to choose files by google or gallery, office make a note, office make a pdf, office extract a table, office extract txt. and onetime or always

if i tap the files folder i get a bunch of folders and in that there is DCIM if i double tap fast it opens to camera folder if i double tap fast it opens to all the photos.

the same photos that are on the camera storage if i go to the sd card i have the same page i see when i tapped the files folder in internal storage and when i tap DCIM on that i see the same photos. but i just copied them over to the sd card.

but when i plug the phone into the ps i do not get the option to view the sd card i only get internal then DCIM and then the camera and then i see photo pages but not any photos. i do see one photo i do not even see any photos i took with this camera.

something is not set correctly. so like i said later today i may just do a hard reset and let it go thru all its bells and whistles and see if it is any better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so here are screenshots in this order tap the settings tap the storage tap the internal storage tap the photos and videos tap google back out and tap gallery back out and tap image.

then backed out to 1st page that show internal and sd card tapped sd card then tap dmic fast twice and the same photos but none show as photos on my pc and i can't see the sd card on my pc
so if you want to see a screenshot of on of these ask the file and what your looking to see and i can go thru that page and screenshot every page i go thru. but i still think the phone is missing something or the phone is not a good phone to view photos with. like i said i have 10 smartphones now on my table and everyone will let me see photos on my pc when i plug them into the pc and go to whatever storage they re in internal or sd car and then dcim and camera and bang there they are i can see them. but not this phone. it is like it may have a rooted rom in it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221028-081416.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081416.png
    350.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20221028-081431.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081431.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20221028-081438.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081438.png
    256.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20221028-081444.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081444.png
    180.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20221028-081448.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081448.png
    210 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20221028-081454.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081454.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20221028-081501.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081501.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20221028-081510.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081510.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20221028-081520.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081520.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20221028-081524.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081524.png
    422.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20221028-081533.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081533.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20221028-081540.png
    Screenshot_20221028-081540.png
    403.4 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0
ok i asked why my nokia was not showing photos in win10 file explorer. so because i thought i may have had a setting out of wack i just did a factory reset from the setting page and let it come back fresh and it still does this. so outside of the being a stupid phone has anyone figured this out? tomorrow i will put the sim back into my a21 and if i do not get this going soon i will ebay it as it is junk to me if i can't get the thing to show photos when i plug it into the pc. every other phone i have will do this perfectly. this one will not.

plus i just can't find any help online for this stupid phone. the only help is nokia manual and that is about junk also. no wonder i see so many on ebay now. thanks

Upvote 0
ok this is what i have done and it still fails. i reset the phone. do you know you can't restart this phone with the vol dn and power button and get a page that lets you do the hard reset background stuff like every other android phone i ever had will allow? you get 3 choices you get power off start or reboot the bootloader and that takes you to this same page. sorry phone.

anyway it went thru its reset and i did not do a thing to it and i took 3 photos and still, they will not show. so there has to be some background issue with this phone that is a bug built into it if you have a fix please let me know. thanks.

Upvote 0
ok this is what i have done and it still fails. i reset the phone. do you know you can't restart this phone with the vol dn and power button and get a page that lets you do the hard reset background stuff like every other android phone i ever had will allow? you get 3 choices you get power off start or reboot the bootloader and that takes you to this same page. sorry phone.

anyway it went thru its reset and i did not do a thing to it and i took 3 photos and still, they will not show. so there has to be some background issue with this phone that is a bug built into it if you have a fix please let me know. thanks.
i think it is a nokia thing. on your other thread i posted some links.

maybe we should merge it with this one......yes?

Upvote 0
i think it is. i put another camera app on the phone and i can see open photos when i do the same steps. click the nokia then internal then dcim then camera and vowla i ss actual photos. however i do nto see the ones yet taken by the hokia camera app yet.

i will check out the links you sent and see if anything helps. for now i put the metro sim back into the old phone and requested a return to the ebay seller and if those links fail and the seller says send it back i have to swap out the mother boards again and send beck the original broken screen photo to them and then i have a good case and screen phone that can't be hard reset to sell as parts and never look back. but let me see if those links help. i have the phone back in a reset and ready to setup for a new user now so i may not even bother. thanks.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
ok it sounds like other have this issue as well with other phones. i can copy the files to another folder as they did and se them but that is a pain in the ass to have to do that every tiem. if i could keep the file explore set to descending for every tiem i connected to the camera and pc it would be a temp workaround. i do nto what to have to copy all the photos and then sort thru them every time. but i could just grab a handful and copy and sort those.

also i did try different camera apps and they do work but i still can't see the old photos. only the new one taken with the new app. so it must be the camera app causing this, if other apps work. but like i say it does not fix the photos already on the phone from moving themover when i set the phone up. like i said when i moved my data from the a21 to the a51 the photos worked fine and they did when i moved for the lgk20 to the a21 they worked fine, but not from the a21 or a51 to the nokia x100.

i think it is in the phone and maybe an update may fix it but if the ebay seller takes it back i will not get another nokia phone ever and just wait for the a51 to get unlocked by tracfone and then put me metro sim into that one and be done with it.now it sets in a soft reset mode waiting on the new user if nokia gets back toe m and tells me they have no fix. thanks

Upvote 0
ok i think i found a work around. i installed a different camera app called open camera it will show the photos on the pc but not in the camera folder you have to use open camera folder. but they show up on the pc. i then now created another folder and i just copy them over to that folder and use the don't copy and the pc will just copy the new photos in the new folder. so in a few months or so i may have enough new photos that i can just use the open camera folder and not have to copy them and will be done with the extra step. or by then my tracfone a51 will be ready to unlock and i will switch phones then. but at least i can now see the photos. i can't see the older photos in the cameras original folder but open camera creates a folder on the phone so it is a work around for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones